Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
For trauma and biohazard cleanup services, Call SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque (505)-828-3567
Dealing with biohazard cleanup situations resulting from a trauma scene or loss of life must be handled with utmost discretion, sensitivity and expert training. Incidents such as crime scenes, suicides and other biohazards involve removing and disposing of blood, tissue and other materials that can pose severe health risks to those nearby. The SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque Recovery Services work 24/7 to provide the expertise necessary to clean up and decontaminate trauma/biohazard circumstances properly.
The SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque biohazard cleaning service counter situations such as:
- Unattended Decomposition
- Homicide or Suicide Cleanup Services
- Crime Scene Cleanup Services
- Trauma Scene Cleanup Services
- Biohazard Cleanup Services
- Industrial or Home Accidents
- Animal Remains or Waste
- Hoarding Scenes
- Forensic Investigation Chemicals
Professionals trained by SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque are ready to respond to these hazardous scenes. Our work is performed by professional bio cleanup specialists who follow strict industry guidelines and protocols. The team has been educated in specialized processes either by SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque, through our Trauma/Bio-Recovery certification training to complete the necessary work using state-of-the-art procedures and equipment. Our biohazard cleaning specialists are in compliance with all local, state, federal, OSHA regulations.
You can be assured that we will always treat the property and people involved with the utmost empathy and respect.
Contact us to learn more about SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque Biohazard Cleaning Services at 505-828-3567
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (505) 828-3567
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Northeast Heights
- East Mountains
- Sandia Heights
- Tanoan Communities