If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (505) 828-3567

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Get Rid of Mold

12/12/2018 (Permalink)

Take things that were wet for 2 or more days outside. Things that stayed wet for 2 days have mold growing on them even if you can’t see it. Take out stuff made of cloth, unless you can wash them in hot water. Also take out stuff that can’t be cleaned easily (like leather, paper, wood, and carpet). Use bleach to clean mold off hard things (like floors, stoves, sinks, certain toys, counter tops, flatware, plates, and tools). Follow these steps: Never mix bleach with ammonia or other cleaners. Wear rubber boots, rubber gloves, goggles, and N-95 mask. Open windows and doors to get fresh air when you use bleach. Mix no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Wash the item with the bleach and water mixture. If the surface of the item is rough, scrub the surface with a stiff brush. Rinse the item with clean water. Dry the item or leave it out to dry.

Other News

View Recent Posts