Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
CORONAVIRUS 24/7 RESPONSE! CALL NOW 505-828-3567
DISASTER RECOVERY AVAILABLE ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT
When many of us think of biohazards, our minds wander to the horror movie we watched – scenes of panic, disease outbreaks, and contamination.
THE 4 LEVELS OF BIOHAZARDS DEFINED
- Biohazard level 1: Agents that do not generally cause disease in healthy humans. An example of a level 1 biohazard would be bacillus subtilis, a soil bacterium that can sometimes cause illness in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- Biohazard level 2: These agents can cause severe illness in healthy humans, but can only cause infection through direct contact with infected material or through ingestion. Examples of a level 2 biohazard are HIV, salmonella, and hepatitis B.
- Biohazard level 3: Pathogens that cause serious diseases and can become airborne. An example of a level 3 biohazard would be tuberculosis, a lung disease that can be passed from person to person through the air.
- Biohazard level 4: Pathogens that cause diseases for which there are no treatments. An example of a level 4 biohazard would be marburg virus, a fatal form of hemorrhagic fever that is transmitted through direct contact with infected body fluids or contaminated objects.
How to Protect Yourself: The best way to prevent illness is to eliminate your exposure to biological agents. Under normal circumstances this can be as simple as washing your hands often, staying up to date on your vaccinations, and regularly sterilizing surfaces in your home and at work.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (505) 828-3567
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1960 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of NE Albuquerque arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.